Odd as it seems, God's goodness in our lives can be easy to lose sight of. I cringe even saying it, but it's true--between the busyness of each day, we let thankfulness fall in the cracks. So, I'd like to dig it back out and spend a few moments reviewing some of my blessings of the last week.
- My wonderful young adults group. It not too small, not too big, filled with people who love the Lord and His Word. We have awesome spiritual discussions, and play games that make us laugh ourselves sick. And we do it every week! It's pretty cool.
- An impromptu video chat with dear friends I haven't seen in forever. Seriously, there's no pick-me-up like old friends that you miss! It was super spur-of-the-moment, completely unexpected, and so much fun.
- Doing a quick drawing that just "clicked." Like I was made to do it. And maybe I was.
- Sticking with my workout program...and seeing results! I've actually lost weight (not necessarily what I was looking for, ha!), but am already stronger--and it's so cool to see that each day in my workout. And it feels so good! I'm starting to understand the whole "I want to go work out" thing...it's addictive.
- My Living History group. This week, by a bizarre turn of events, I ended up cooking part of our lunch on the wood burning stove...there was much laughter and the worst cooking fail of my life (or, nearly). Details to come in a post. It was nerve-wracking and hilarity-laden.
- Getting a new sketchbook! And then hacking it in half, b/c you can extend the life and get double the use (thanks for the idea, Papa!). Can't wait to start the first half. (Lol!)
Well, it felt good to think back on the recent blessings in life. Thanks for listening...I leave you with Andrew Peterson's song "The Magic Hour", which I have been enjoying of late:
(If you can't see the video, click here)
Time for a quick sketch before bed. Good night!
, by Laurie Elise